Friday, February 3, 2012
Truly Starstruck... (Part II)
February 1, 2012 - SNSD on Live! with Kelly!
So I wake up today at like 4:10am. I give my friend - Quyen (it's awkward if I just keep calling her "my friend", but she was the one that met up with me the previous day) - a call to make sure she's awake. We contemplate for a little bit to decide whether or not it's worth it to head out. We decide that it is, even if it's to catch even just a glimpse of the girls. So we decide to meet up and then head out to 7 Lincoln Square, where Kelly is filmed. It turns out that I was the late one in meeting up, as Quyen was waiting at the train station for about 10 minutes. Sorry Quyen! :( Go figure that it was raining also.
We get out of the train station and make the trek over to the studio. We're not expecting to see many people. We got there at like 6:15am, an hour and a half before the girls were designated to arrive. Needless to say, we underestimated the power of SONEs. When we got to the studio, the line was LONG. We were 49 & 50 when they handed out standby ticket fliers. So we're standing on line, in the rain.
It just so happens that a group of folks behind us, probably high school kids, were the irritating-type of fans. They were playing SNSD music loudly through a phone, this guy had no consideration of the people around him and shook his umbrella, getting rain all over me (luckily I wore my GoreTex... -_-), and the two kids with him (one male, one female) had voice boxes that made me want to turn around and punch them. Also, the guy with the irritating voice box knew all the dances to the girls' songs. Now, knowing the dance is one thing. I would say that I am, at the very least, familiar with the dances. This kid took it to another level and started performing each song that played through the phone. I'm all for fandom, but goodness freaking gracious, those types of fans that are not considerate of the people around them are annoying. I overheard them talking about possibly following the bus around so that they could follow the girls around and find out what hotel they were staying at. REALLY? What ever happened to giving some privacy? Have some damn respect for both the girls and yourselves, idiots.
Anyways, 7:45am hits and the bus comes. Quyen gives me her camera so I can rush over and try and take some pictures, but I don't get any good shots. It was nice seeing the girls pass by, though. It was a bit clear they didn't get a good amount of sleep by the way they walked. Their managers were bringing blankets and pillows with them off of the bus. Enough said.
Then I get back on line and wait some more. One of the producers of the show then brings us around to the front of the studio, and we assume we're going to get to go into the filming. Technically that wasn't wrong... Except that they only allowed the first 13 people into the studio. There were A LOT more of us. Oh wells. The producer started telling us to shout "Let us in!" over and over. Some people were into it, others weren't. I wasn't really in the mood, but I did it anyway when the camera passed by. After that, there was a TV inside the building that we could see through the windows. Quyen and I just walked over and watched the rest of the show there, though there wasn't any sound. The girls came on as the last part of the show and did their thing proudly in front of the studio audience and viewers around the country. I felt quite proud to be a SONE at that point, even though I couldn't get inside to support them.
We then walked to the back entrance, where the bus pulled up, and waited for the girls to come out. When they were getting ready to come out, Quyen and I looked inside and just saw Taeyeon look tired beyond all recognition. :( It was difficult to watch. The girls then came out (Yuri actually looked like she signed a couple of autographs when she walked out) and got rushed into the bus. Quyen and I then got our stamps on our Soshified cards and there ended the event for the day.
Yeah, no. Our luck today wasn't nearly as good as the previous day's. We trekked over to KTown, where I bought the Mr. Taxi album for Quyen (you're getting it back one way or another, Quyen! >:() and the official 2012 SNSD calendar, just to feel better. Then ate lunch at KyoChon. End today's journey. We're pretty much hoping the next day goes better...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment