
Shouko Nakagawa is so pretty~
Well, the Spring 2010 semester officially ended for me today. I took my Japanese final and walked out of there feeling pretty damn good about myself not just because I felt good about that final, but because I made it through this semester. The feeling of accomplishment is nice. :) Time to wait for my grades... lol
It's been a while since I've had a thoughts post, so I thought I would entertain (or maybe not...) you readers with one today. ^_^

That is a shot of Angel Beats!, one of the Spring 2010 animes that I'm currently watching. I like it a lot - one of the better anime series this seasons. The speaker isn't the girl pictured though. I just thought it was a fitting shot for the quote I decided to think upon (and also the line being said :>), so here goes!
Otonashi: Don't get rid of her with some fake memory! Our lives were real! Not a single moment of them was fake! Everyone lived the best they could! We carved those memories into ourselves! Memories of living as hard as we could! No matter what kind they were, they're the lives we led! Erasing them in the blink of an eye like that... Wasn't your life also real to you?!
The jist of the scene? Basically there's this guy that got power crazy and started a massacre, "killing" off a ton of the protagonists. (I put that in quotes because, well, you'd have to watch the anime or else I'd spoil the plot. lol)
The part that hit me the most when he said those lines was the line in the picture. No matter what kind of lives we lead, each of us leads his or her own life. In that, isn't there something to be proud of? Our lives are all temporary - a drop of water in a very big river. There's no point in regretting things that happened. We can't stand still and think about everything that we've done wrong in the past all the time. We can't wish we could take back actions that may not have been becoming of us. I've always believed in not crying over spilled milk. Have I fudged up a ton in the past? Yeah. But as I keep preaching - I don't regret or hate any of it. I use my actions as a stepping stone to make myself better. Some people would disagree that I'm becoming better, but that's a different story I guess.
The fact of the matter is this: we live and we do the best we can while doing it. You can't erase anything that you do. Learn and move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment