Friday, November 25, 2011

"At times, when I was worn out and felt that I was alone, I forgot about those who always gave me strength..."


I didn't realize how precious you were, because you were always there
Those precious people who were always by my side.
At times, when I was worn out and felt that I was alone,
I forgot about those who always gave me strength.

From now on, even if it's difficult and you're exhausted,
Don't give up and stand up, thinking of your tomorrow.
Whether you failed in business or failed in love,
Nothing can knock you down.
You know that you're not alone in this world.
Don't cave in and know that it's not the time to be sad.
Let's all stand up and reach out our hands,
Let's do it together.

Let's all hold our hands and look up at the sky.
Picture the world we will be making together in the sky.
It's so bright, it's so beautiful,
Taking each other's hands, let's make it together.

Everyone, open your eyes.
With our hands held together, we did it.
There is no fear.
There is no sadness either.
Let's gather our hearts here and have a festival of happiness...

Okay, it's probably because Thanksgiving just passed and everything (with a great dinner... :D), but damn I'm feeling extra reflective and extra sappy. I just finished watching the episode of Love Request featuring SNSD (Thanks SoshiSubs!) and they sang this song at the end. Incidentally, SMTown sang the full version of this song at the end of... well, SMTown. lol As you can see above, the lyrics are super touching and fits with Thanksgiving. With that said and with what I'm about to say, I feel like I've made this sort of post before, but I'm gonna do it again. Because I can. And because this blog hasn't seen a post of significant length since forever. (Because people totally read this, right? Yeeeeeeaaahhh...)

I feel like I don't ever say this enough to the people around me, but I truly am thankful for everyone in my life. Without all my family and friends, I wouldn't be able to get as far as I have today. Whether it's to share a few quick laughs, to share something on my mind, to have a quick lunch, to spaz about SNSD, to throw a fit over fantasy football, to yell at each other over some question on a Chemistry problem set, or whatever other random thing occurs in an every day encounter - nothing would be the same without every single person in my life. Yes, even the people I don't see eye to eye with. They also shape who I am today. So in a way, I'm thankful to them too.

But really, to those who are always there for me (those in my family, and those who I consider to be family even if we aren't related by blood... you know who you are) - thank you. So much. Your unrelenting support for me is the greatest gift I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment