Wednesday, December 8, 2010

だけどこれだけ言える事があるよ - "But I can only say this..."

世界の誰よりも君が好きなことを...
"I love you more than anyone else in the world..."

ZONE - 僕の手紙 (My Letter)


Such a sad, yet strong, song. One of my favorites from ZONE as well.

English translation, courtesy of VllaskoCom!

With too weak of a heart to say 'I love you',
I gazed up at the starry night sky.
Although, perhaps I was unable to tell you at the time,
I will write a letter now...

After the usual small talk of, 'How are you doing? I am fine,'
Follows the tip of my quivering pen and the stain of my tears as the sun quietly rises.

On the way home, it was just the two of us.
I had no idea what I should start the conversation with.
"Isn't it strange? Look at the moon - it looks a little bigger today..."
As I looked at the side of your face,
There was something I truly wanted to say.
And in that sudden instant when our eyes met,
I had lost all confidence in myself.

But I can only say this...
I love you more than anyone in the world.

I may be weak and cowardly,
But I do have just one dream.
Even though people laugh and claim it to be foolish,
I still believe in this path.
Perhaps I may not be right for you,
For I am a faintly visible star.
However, I will certainly shine bright.
At that time, I will be able to tell you.

Everyday I look in the mirror,
Only a sighing figure is reflected.
No matter how many times I've held the phone in my hands,
I only look at it and cannot dial.

But I can only say this...
I love you more than anything in the world.

If I had just a little more courage,
I would have changed.

And if I could have been just a little cooler,
Things would have turned out better.

However, you always smiled gently at that sort of person I was,
And you were the only one who believed in my dream.

I may be weak and cowardly,
But I do have just one dream.
Even though people laugh and claim it to be foolish,
I still believe in this path.
Perhaps I may not be right for you,
For I am a faintly visible star.
However, I will certainly shine bright.
At that time, I will be able to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment