Thursday, January 21, 2010

"We’re living here and now for the day when we can laugh together..." [School]

(00:02:25) Momo: what an interesting episode :p
(00:02:45) Me: lmao
(00:02:51) Me: its not a vanity episode actually :P
(00:02:56) Me: despite how
(00:02:59) Me: kuroko makes it look
(00:03:03) Me: or makes every episode look
(00:03:05) Me: >_>
(00:03:07) Momo: lol
(00:03:11) Me: BUT THATS WHY SHES AWESOME

Kuroko is awesome. That is all.

So, I woke up today at 7:00 AM to get to an 8:00 AM University Physics II Lab. I eventually get off the bus and brisk-walk to my lab room only to see a sign that says "LABS ARE CANCELLED. LABS BEGIN 1/25/2010." Needless to say, I wanted to shoot myself because my next class wasn't/isn't until 10:45 AM, which is Philosophy II: Ethics. Now, I'm here in the Marillac Cafeteria blogging about how awesome Kuroko is. lmao

The first day of classes (which was yesterday, if you didn't catch on, or don't remember, or whatever...) went okay. My first class was Organic Chemistry II with Dr. Cesare, who I had last semester. It was pretty much the same, except that we were in the smaller section of the auditorium we were in last semester. I don't mind too much, but apparently the class is capped out (100 people) and I'm not sure how well the auditorium is going to fit that. Then again, not everyone shows up to class all the time, so I guess it won't be too bad. Apparently the first exam of this semester is going to be the easiest exam we've every taken for Organic Chemistry. That just means I have to do super well on it. LET'S GET IT.

My second class was Theology in Film. It seems like an interesting class all things considered. The teacher, Father Whalen (he's a priest), has a pretty great sense of humor. But, he also warned the class that this class wasn't all about watching movies. It's more about the interpretations of religion in certain films. That was fine by me - I didn't walk into the class expecting to spend entire periods watching movies in the first place. Though, one pleasant surprise when I was waiting for the class to start was that I saw several of my old classmates from last year walking in. I think I'm going to enjoy this class since it's a new take on Theology. This is going to be the first time that this class is going to be taught.

The next class was Physics. Like Organic Chem, it was with the same professor I had last semester, Dr. Samuilov. Same stuff as last semester also, except it's going to be harder. Oh joy. @_@ I don't even know how I get the B+ I did in his class, but I did.

Final class of the day! Japanese! The class that I'm super hyped for. However, when class began, the professor, Prof. Freedman (or should I say Freedman-sensei since it's Japanese? O.o) spent 35 minutes talking about the history of Japan, from start until present. I understand why she would do that so we could understand the culture of the language we're learning. Yet, was it really necessary? @_@ However, she seems like a really nice lady and is patient with the students. Hope I can come outta this class able to read at least beginner-level Japanese!

Annnd that's how the first day of class went! All in all, this seems like it'll be an enjoyable semester. Hope everyone else is going to have the same! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment